Follow this three-step process to re-issue your Canvas course. (Note: We recommend you combine sections before adding content to your course.)
- Combine multiple sections into one Canvas course. Combining the enrollments from two or more sections into one course. This is also used for cross-listed courses.
- Copying content from a previous instance of this course. Reissuing from a previous semester’s Canvas course to the new semester.
- Publish your course! Students cannot access your course until you publish it.
Publish your Course!
When your course is ready, remember to click the ‘Publish’ button at the top of the course home page; if you do not, it will not be visible to students!
All WSB courses should have a published Canvas course site. The site should minimally include:
- Current syllabus posted in Canvas that complies with UW-Madison syllabus requirements;
- The homepage will provide critical information for students that minimally includes a course description, instructor contact information, office hour details, course overview, and learning outcomes.
- Canvas course is published and accessible to students at least 7 days prior to the beginning of the first course session.